Closing Date: 08/11/2020
Orchard Hill College operates out of sites at Carshalton, Camberwell, New Malden, Wandsworth and Uxbridge. We provide a non-residential stimulating learning environment for students with special needs. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community.
You will work within the Nursing Team in conjunction with lecturing staff, promoting good health and well being in all learners by contributing to the development and implementation of the College’s health care practice. You will be expected to provide a high quality service to our learners to ensure that all individuals ‘can and do achieve.’
Please click here for Job Description – Bank Nurse – Job Description 2020
You will have experience of working with people with disabilities and a particular interest in learning disabilities, including epilepsy and other neurological disorders, such as intellectual disability and autism.
You must have:
• First Level Nursing qualification
• Minimum 3 years’ post registration experience
• Experience of working with young people and adults with learning disabilities preferred.
• Ability to work autonomously and as an independent practitioner
• Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team of therapy, medical, educational and care colleagues
• Provided clinical expertise including initial assessment, therapeutic interventions and behaviour management
• Family liaison experience
• Experience of mentoring/training members of staff
Please click here for Person Specification – Bank Nurse – Person Specification 2020
To apply for this role please download an application form and send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 8 November 2020, 5 p.m.
Interview: w/c 16 November 2020
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.