Closing Date: 04/06/2021
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. It is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Carshalton, New Malden, Wandsworth, Camberwell Green and Uxbridge. Ofsted awarded us Grade 1 (Outstanding) in December 2013 and we maintained this grade in November 2019.
Within this newly created role you will be have the opportunity to continue to hold a varied caseload of AAC, eating and drinking and communication environment work, whilst leading a S< team in service development, clinical governance and professional standards. You will be professionally accountable for the provision of clinical supervision in your specialist area and will provide clear clinical leadership – both within the S< team and making good links with curriculum leadership to ensure an Inclusive Communication environment and communication and eating and drinking targets and advice are truly embedded in each student’s learning environment. As a college we are embedding a Positive Behaviour Support ethos and strategy across the college and the Integrated Services team are a key component in this.
Please click here for full Job Description and Person Specification – Clinical Lead SALT JD and PS
You will work as one of five Clinical Leads (including Occupational Therapy; Physiotherapy; Creative Arts Therapies and Nursing) along with the Head of Integrated Services and so there is a highly supportive team structure in place to allow you to develop your leadership and multi-disciplinary working skills.
You must have:
• A Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent and significant experience of practicing at Band 7 Level.
• Experience of effectively leading/managing a S< team or supervising other therapists and we welcome applications from therapists looking to develop their management skills.
• Ability to provide clinical expertise and to manage others in the delivery of effective assessments and therapeutic interventions relevant to adults with learning difficulties.
• Ability to effectively manage a complex caseload.
• Ability to work autonomously and as an independent practitioner.
We can offer you:
• Competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
• 40 days annual leave (to be taken in the school holidays)
• A supportive multi-disciplinary team and lots of opportunities for S< and multi disciplinary
• Opportunities to develop your skills and practice in working within a Positive Behaviour Support Framework
• Involvement in offering student placements, research and clinical development
• Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
For more information about the role and an informal chat or visit, please contact Jane Johnson (Head of Integrated Services) on 07909 843928.
To apply, please click here.
Closing Date for Applications: 12 noon Friday 4th June 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 17th June 2021
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
OHC&AT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.