Closing Date: 04/01/2021
You will be required to provide support to our Lecturing and Job Coach staff to assist in providing educational activities for adults with special needs. You will do so by:
- Providing each student with the support needed to carry out learning
- Carrying out employment programmes which support students to participate in work placements including travel training
- Ensure that agreed individual programmes of learning for students are implemented correctly
- Work in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the College is maintained for the benefit of our students
- Ensure that students’ well-being is maintained at all times
- To facilitate and support students to complete accredited employment qualifications from Entry 1- Level 2 and functional skills maths and English to Level 2
You will support our students to gain self-confidence and independence through encouragement and reassurance, and the use of teaching and learning strategies. You will do this by supporting the students in accessing a range of, work placements and working on their employment skills programmes, under the direction of the Lecturer / Job Coach.
You should have experience of working, caring or voluntary work with people who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Experience of working within a team is also essential.
We deliver a range of courses to our students throughout the year and need our staff to work at any centre, if required.
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. It is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Carshalton, New Malden, Wandsworth, Camberwell Green and Uxbridge. Ofsted awarded us Grade 1 (Outstanding) in December 2013 and we maintained this grade in November 2019.
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Please note that CV applications will not be accepted or considered.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 4th January 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OHC&AT aims to select staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, age or other protected characteristics. In order to monitor the effectiveness of our Equality Policy and recruitment procedures, we ask that all applicants complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.