Closing Date: 30/06/2020
You will be required to provide support to the lecturing staff in providing educational activities for adults with special needs and assist with the provision of all educational activities by:
- – facilitating the regular attendance of students, providing each student with the support needed to carry out learning
- – carry out therapy and health and well-being programmes which support learning as directed by the nurse, therapist and lecturer
- – ensure that agreed individual programmes of learning for students are implemented
- – work in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the College is maintained for the benefit of students
- – ensure that students’ well-being is maintained at all times
You will support students in gaining self-confidence and independence through encouragement and reassurance and through the use of teaching and learning strategies, thereby supporting the students in accessing a range of home, community, work related and basic skills learning programmes, under the direction of the lecturer.
You should have experience of working, caring or voluntary work with people who have special needs. Experience of working within a team is also essential.
We deliver a range of courses to our students throughout the year and require our staff to be flexible in the centre they work within.
You will be completing a Teaching Assistant standard apprenticeship, which includes one day off the job training each week.
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. It is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Carshalton, New Malden, Wandsworth, Camberwell Green and Uxbridge and were graded by Ofsted as Grade 1 (Outstanding) in December 2013 and maintained this grade in November 2019.
To apply, please send your completed application form to email@example.com. Please state on your application form which location you are applying for.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon Tuesday 30th June 2020
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.