Closing Date: 10/11/2021
You will be required to provide support to our Lecturing staff to assist in providing educational activities for adults with special needs. You will do so by:
1. Providing each student with the support needed to carry out learning
2. Carrying out therapy, health and well-being programmes to support learning as directed by the Nurse, Therapist and/or Lecturer
3. Ensure that agreed individual programmes of learning for students are implemented correctly
4. Work in harmony with all staff to ensure a positive atmosphere within the College is maintained for the benefit of our students
5. Ensure that students’ well-being is maintained at all times
You will support our students to gain self-confidence and independence through encouragement and reassurance, and the use of teaching and learning strategies. You will do this by supporting the students in accessing a range of home, community, work related and basic skills learning programmes, under the direction of the Lecturer.
You should have experience of working, caring or voluntary work with people who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Experience of working within a team is also essential.
We deliver a range of courses to our students throughout the year and need our staff to work at any centre, if required.
Orchard Hill College is a non-residential National Specialist College for adults with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. It is a unique and rewarding place to work and has both a broad range of learners and a dynamic and supportive staff team. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community. We operate out of centres in Carshalton, New Malden, Wandsworth, Camberwell Green and Uxbridge. Ofsted awarded us Grade 1 (Outstanding) in December 2013 and we maintained this grade in November 2019.
We can offer you:
- • Competitive pension scheme (LGPS)
- • A friendly and supportive team
- • Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
To apply, please click here. You will be redirected to apply via our online TES portal.
Please note that CV applications will not be accepted or considered.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 10th November 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OHC&AT aims to select staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, age or other protected characteristics. In order to monitor the effectiveness of our Equality Policy and recruitment procedures, we ask that all applicants complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.
Appointments made will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.