Closing Date: 04/01/2021
Contract: Fixed term until December 2021
Our Lecturers manage and direct teaching teams to ensure effective, learner-centred teaching that meets the needs of our students. This involves consulting carers, therapists and personnel from Social Services, as well as internal colleagues. Lecturers work with the management team to further develop the College into a valuable resource centre for fellow professionals.
Our Lecturers are required to:
- Effectively plan teaching within designated curriculum areas
- Implement appropriate assessment, objective setting, recording, reporting and evaluation of educational programmes
- Ensure that student learning experiences are organised in a progression which supports the development of each individual
The right candidate for this role will:
- Have or are working towards a Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent qualification.
- Recent Outstanding/Good teaching experience with students with special needs.
Why work at Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust?
What makes working at OHC&AT uniquely rewarding is that we are a family of College centres and schools, fully representative of all designations of special education needs and disabilities and we are all passionately committed about putting the students and their individual outcomes at the heart of everything we do. We currently have 4 regional hubs – North West London/Slough, South West London, Sutton and Croydon and Surrey & Sussex.
Orchard Hill College is a specialist College committed to offering social and vocational opportunities for students in the heart of their communities. We pride ourselves on building bright futures and changing the lives of our students. Our programmes are designed for students over the age of 16 with a range of special needs. We were graded by Ofsted as Outstanding in December 2013 and maintained this grade in November 2019. If you would like to join a College with a “can-do” attitude, where all students’ contributions and talents are recognised and celebrated, please get in touch.
We can offer you:
- Line management and teaching supervision
- A programme of continuing professional development
- A supportive team
- Opportunities to develop skills and competencies in working with students with a range of ages and diagnoses
- Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be asked to provide proof of your last two teaching observation grades. The interview process will be conducted virtually, and will consist of a formal interview with our panel and a short interview with one of our students. You will need to prepare a lesson plan in advance of the interview and you will be required to answer questions from the panel relating to your lesson plan.
To apply for this role please click here.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 9am Thursday 4th February 2021
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
OHC&AT aims to select staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, age or other protected characteristics. In order to monitor the effectiveness of our Equality Policy and recruitment procedures, we ask that all applicants complete an equal opportunities monitoring form.