Prioritising mental health has never been more important than it is now. Making positive change can seem so hard, especially during uncertain times, and sometimes it can be hard to know where to start. Here are some tips to help maintain your mental health:
Please see below a links to a variety of websites that can offer information and support in order to maintain good health and well-being:
Links to minimise stress:
Links to talking therapies available:
Links to mental health and Wellbeing support:
Wellbeing and your daily activities
1) Are you exercising for an average of 30 min per day?
2) Are you maintaining regular sleep patterns and getting adequate sleep? (i.e. going to bed and rise at usual times and getting 6-8 hours sleep/rest a night)
Remember .. sleeping between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. is the most beneficial time for cell renewal and anti-aging, the immune system, memory management and body repair
3) Are you using relaxation techniques at home? (i.e. focused breathing – out breath longer than in breath, sleep enhancing apps, meditation, reading, calm apps)
4) Are you focusing on a balanced healthy diet? (i.e. eating fresh non-processed foods, eating 5 fruit or veg a day, eating 3 portion aligned regular meals/day, limits snacks)
5) Are you remaining well hydrated? (i.e. 1.6 litres/day women 2.0 litres men – suggested as per Euro-pean Food Safety Authority)
9) Have you completed a wellbeing action plan? (i.e. Every mind matters 5 simple questions which lead to a personal plan for your use)?
Please see the ‘Action for Happiness’ calendar for January: