New Year, New Me!
Our students and staff are working together to help improve mental health and physical well-being by collectively walking 10,000 steps or 1 mile every day. For the month of January, classes will timetable in an outside walk a day; come rain, snow or shine! As they sign out each day, we have asked them to write the ‘reason’ as New Year, New Me.
Why? Because walking for just 12-20 minutes a day:
- Allows your body and brain time to regulate
- Gives you vitamin D for a healthy body
- Can create healthier and strong muscle
- Improves both gross and fine motor skills
- Helps with weight control
- Helps you feel better
- Improves your digestion
- Help you relax
- Provides pain relief
- Changes your health heart
- Changes your brain activity